- How are your dolls made?
- Our dolls are made individually by hand in Brooklyn, NY. Being handmade means that each doll is unique and special. You can expect some very slight variation from item to item.
- How many dolls do you make?
- All of our dolls are of a limited quantity. You can expect a collection to be available for about 6 months before it is retired. In the case of a customer favorite we may keep it around longer or bring it back.
- When will I receive my doll?
- Our processing time for most orders is 3-5 days and add shipping time on top of that. If you need a doll urgently get in touch with us before ordering to find out what can be shipped immediately.
- How big are the dolls?
- The dolls are approximately 16" length. But keep in mind all of our dolls are handmade and there is some slight variation.
- How do I wash my doll?
- The best way to clean any stains is to spot clean with a damp cloth.
- My child is 3 is your doll okay for her?
- We recommend that our dolls are best for ages 5+. But you know your child best. Our age is based on the delicate nature of the doll hair. The rest of the doll is very durable. We do know that many of our happy customers are younger than 5.
- Do you take custom orders?
- We are hoping to have a custom order function added to our website in the future. For now we take customs on a case by case basis when time allows. In most cases we can mix and match from any of the skin tones, embroidery details, hair styles, and dress fabrics in our current collections. Get in touch with us for custom requests. Custom orders start at $85.
- Do you accept returns?
- We want you to love your doll! We accept returns for a refund or exchange of unused dolls in their original and unused condition within 14 days of receipt. Get in touch with us to initiate a return.
Modern Doll Studio is a family business. Working as a team we launched Modern Doll Studio with the mission of introducing greater diversity to the world of heirloom quality toys.
Our work at Modern Doll Studio is driven by the notion that all kids should see themselves and others represented in their toys. We want our sons and infant daughter to grow up in a world that sees beauty in diversity.
We hope you love our dolls as much as we love making them.
Katie, Silas, and kids